
Storybird was something I had never heard about before, but being an English teacher, I thought the word "story" was very promising. I decided to create an account and see what I could do with it.
It turns out that by using Storybird you can create adorable little stories with premade art. This is great by itself, but the REALLY neat part is that you can invite others to join you in your story-telling. I decided to play around with Storybird and then invited my husband to help finish my story.
Another option with Storybird is to just jump into another story that is already running. It is a nice way to relieve a little stress and get the creative juices flowing.
Where will I use this? Well, I think this would be a fun option to utilize to get my students interested in the writing process. My students are not able to do much creatively in my class with their papers, so I think this would be a nice activity to do perhaps as an icebreaker or small project to get them working cooperatively in preparation for peer reviews.
Of course, I also will use it personally because it's just FUN! Have a peek at the small story we created.
No comments:
Post a Comment